Saturday, November 7, 2009

Better one - Hill climbing versus Brisk Walking ?

Better one - Hill climbing versus Brisk Walking ?

Question


I am 38 yrs old woman, 75 kgs and 5"2. I misused to posture for 45 minutes for 3 months but my coefficient remained the same. I reduced my substance intake also to half during this punctuation. Someone told me to climb a hill for fast metric exit.I take 4 halts for climbing hill with around 500 steps. Mounting up the comic with four small halts takes 35 munutes and the walking down takes 10 transactions. Total time required is somewhere around 50 minutes.

Not delighted to tell that my knee joints pained a lot. I am doing this from last 10 days and now they have stopped paining. Is it worth giving so much pain to my knees or walking brisk can also help me this much.

Answer
Hill climbing when compared to brisk walking burns double calories.

It is also like lifting heavy weights as you are walking against gravity and can feel tired very soon when climbing up hill.

I suggest you to workout little bit every week so you wouldn't feel strain on your knees and legs.

Alternate them that is rotating workout like, alternate hill climbing, walking, then do some cycling or swimming on weekends, as those last two are low impact exercises. You need rest for your between heavy exercises schedules. You can walk brisk one day then climb one day, then rest the next.

Weight training is also very important in your schedule. All these walking exercises when done alone doesn't make you loose weight. You need to add weight training to burn more effectively. Your program will be more efficient with both cardio and weight training.


Review of fatloss4idiots
Starting healthy fatloss

Please leave your comments on Better one - Hill climbing versus Brisk Walking ?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also.